Saturday, August 22, 2009

2/1/09: Nanbu Bijin Junmai Ginjo

2009 greeted me with new job at a very well-known Japanese Media Company. The good news is that it's a big step up in my career and keeps me challenged. The bad news is that I haven't had too much time to play (kind of explains why I am posting about February in August...) It also took me into February to get my first saké-centric post.

On this cold Saturday,I invited few friends for a home-made pasta party (saké and pasta? Sure, why not.) Here is one of the lovely guests making her first hand-made pasta.

The saké of the choice was another bottle I came home with, the Junmai Ginjo Hiyaoroshi Nama Genshu (SMV: +5, Acidity: 1.5, Rice: Miyamanishiki, Seimaibuai: 55%, Yeast: #9) from Nanbu Bijin. Fruity with vibrant and lithe texture with tremendous depth, this was the highlight of the party.

It should be noted that we didn't actually pair saké with pasta, as it was drank while waiting for water to boil. Let's just say that we didn't wait too long to get to the next bottle, the Vietti Barbera...

No comments: