Wednesday, July 08, 2009

11/13/08: Day 14 in Japan Part I - Trains of Japan Part II

Following the earlier installment, here's part II of the trains of Japan.

Space age-like interior of Shinkansen Hikari(ひらり), which I took from Tokyo to Shin Osaka.

This massive structure of steel and glass is the Kyoto station.

Shinano(しなの), which I took on the Nagoya leg during my visit to Shichiken Brewery in Yamanashi.

Returning from Yamanashi to Tokyo, I took Super Azusa(スーパーあずさ).

View of the rail tracks of the Yamanoté Line.

Traveling from Tokyo to Kamakura is done on Yokosuka Line (横須賀線).

Kamakura also is the terminal for Enoden(江ノ電), which we took to go to my home town of Gokurakuji.

Kamakura leg of Enoden goes through narrow residential areas. Here is a view of the tracks between Yuigahama and Hasé Stations.

A mountain separates Hasé and Gokurakuji. This is the tunnel through the mountain.

Emerging from the tunnel.

After all is said and done, it's time to head to Narita Airport taking NEX...
 

No comments: